Date:      Fri, 30 Jul 1999 16:29:07 -0500
From:      Ford Prefect <fordp@guide.chi.il.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp -auto -alias

I have a machine configured as a gateway between my network and my isp. I'm
using ppp -auto  -alias myisp in my rc.local to connect. outbound
connections work great, but when I try to connect to the gateway machine
itself, it dials out before connecting. I've tried using a dial filter to
deny local machines connecting local machines but it didn't work. (probably
more likley my filter than it not working)

any idea on how to stop this?

-Steve