Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:15:11 -0400
From:      Evan Tsoukalas <evan@sourcee.com>
To:        "Philip J. Priest" <phil@blkbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: and info NAT

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 03:36:31PM -0500, Philip J. Priest wrote:
> FreeBSD newbie wanting pointers to info on NAT.  any resources?
>
>     -phil

During my search for natd information, I was never able to locate
any books on natd (though I haven't checked lately), but I found
the following docs to be quite helpful:

	- The Complete FreeBSD by Greg Lehey (I have the Third Edition,
	which is older, but I imagine the latest version has it as well)
	has a couple of pages on how to set it up in Chapter 28.  IMHO,
	it is a great reference to have around.

	- Also, the man page for natd(8) has a detailed set of instructions
	for running natd.

	- A step-by-step natd setup page (a little old, I think, but
	it has the basic idea)

		http://members.tripod.com/vas99/natd.html

	- Two good pages for explaining to your boss what it is and why it's
	useful:

		http://www.uq.net.au/~zzdmacka/the-nat-page/natinformation.html
		http://ipprimer.windsorcs.com/nat.cfm

	- A couple of other pages with good info on NATd and other
	  things FreeBSD:

		http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~dank/peer-nat.html
		http://www.instinct.org/~pgl/freebsd-links.html

HTH