Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:06:55 -0800
From:      Christopher Kelley <bsd@kelleycows.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   libtool note in UPDATING

Am I reading the entry for libtool in UPDATING correctly?  It seems to
me to basically say "There's no way to tell you how to successfully
update your ports with the new libtool, hope you really understand how
all the ports interact with each other, good night and good luck."

Now, I *DO* sort of understand the need for this change from reading the
entry, and I'm not arguing the fact that the change needed to be made. I
just don't know where to go from here because now I'm afraid to update
any of my ports since I'm not sure I would understand the output of the
-n flag enough to figure out how to update my ports.

Is there a more straightforward explanation of how to upgrade ports with
the new libtool?

Also, will 6.1-RELEASE have this change already in the ports tree that
it ships with?  I don't quite understand exactly at what point the ports
tree is copied to the RELEASE.

Christopher