Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:33:34 -0500
From:      "Crucial Servers" <admin@crucialservers.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrading FreeBSD 3.5

Hi,

    I need some advice on steps for upgrading a very valueble machine. =
This machine has an uptime of 393 days. I need to install a secure =
version of "curl" this is our main focus right now. FreeBSD 3.5 ports =
collection is very b0rked and nothing works, I tried downloading the =
cvsup source and installing it, but now it cant find m3build.

    My main focus is getting this OS to 4.9-STABLE the SAFE way and =
"Yes" its a contracted machine so its remote. I know there is going to =
be tons of b0rked programs when I'm all said and done. Can someone =
please explain how to tackle this animal slowly, I was thinking 4.0 then =
4.5 then 4.9.
   =20
    If I can avoid this all together and install a secured version of =
"curl" it would be appreaciated. I really cant find the source anywhere.

James Thomas
Chief Executive Officer
Direct Line: 603-670-4008
General Line: 603-944-0823