Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:20:39 +0100
From:      "Lennart Blomstrom" <lahna@ollbox.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   vlan

Hi

I've tried to use vlan (if_vlan.c ) on 3.0 and 3.1 release .
I've made a "hack" to set "parent" and "vlan#" via SIOCSETVLAN and I have
changed pci/id_de.c to accept mtu > 1500.
I've set MTU to 1504 on de1, used it as parent if.
I'm useing an Compaq 3322 sw .
It works well with ICMP and UDP and frames up to 1500 bytes, but when I try
TCP (telnet or http) I get a panic.

Trap 12
supervisor read, page not present.

Anybody got vlan working for TCP sessions ?

Am I completle off ?

Please help and give me a hint where to go on.

/lahna