Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 1997 23:43:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Doug Lo <jwlo@ms11.hinet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to add 2nd IDE HD under FreeBSD?

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997, Doug Lo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed completely FreeBSD 2.2.2-Release version on my first
> hard-disk,
> and it works fine. Now I have another hard-disk, which is windows95 OS.
> My first HD installed on Primary IDE master, and I want to install 2nd
> HD on
> Primary IDE slave. I have no idea what to do, hope someone tells me,
> thanks in advance.
>
> 1.First, I think I should edit /etc/fstab. If yes, what am I going to
> do?
> 2. Does booteasy detect windows95 on my second hard-disk?

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  Are you trying to use the
second disk for FreeBSD, or just put it in the system so you can boot
Win95?

No action should be needed on your part to tell FreeBSD about the new
disk; on the next reboot it'll pick it up.  If you want to mount it's disk
automatically at startup, so you can access the files on the WIn95 disk,
that is another story.