Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:23:16 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Sjaak Nabuurs <sjaak@vsm-hosting.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBDS don't accept 4 networkcards

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:40:44PM +0100, Sjaak Nabuurs wrote:
> > Your post is too general.
> > You have to post details of what you are doing.
> > Saying 4 Nics means nothing.
> > Where are they and what are their purpose?
> Sorry try again
>
> I have a FreeBSD box 5.2 release with 4 NIC's realtec ethernet cards in one
> box
> For routing traffic to 4 different networks.
> 1 DSL line and 3 wireless router network 192.168.1.xx  192.168.2.xx and
> 192.168.3.xx
> so I have 4 network card in my freeBSD box
>
> But the problem is that freeBSD recognize only 3 network cards at startup..

I've set up FreeBSD boxes with more network interfaces than that, so I
don't think it's a FreeBSD problem. What are the contents of your
/etc/rc.conf? What's the output of dmesg? What does "netstat -in"
give?

You need to give more information than what you have.

Additionally, if you're using this box in a production environment,
you should be using 4.X instead of the unstable 5.X series.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                        "Irrationality is the square root of all evil"