Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:21:25 +0400
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Portversion question

On 10/20/05, Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net> wrote:
> This continues to vex me.  Portversion is indicating as out of date that
> which is apparently not out of date.  For example, my current tree (done
> this morning) indicates that apsfilter 7.2.6 should be current.
> Pkg_info indicates that version as installed.  Portversion indicates out
> of date.  What am I missing here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rem
rg"

portversion checks versions of your installed
packages against INDEX database, not your
ports tree. If you're using non-official cvsup
server (or an official one, but not current), you
can get into a situation when your ports tree
lags behind your INDEX (usually updated with
something like portsdb -uUF, i.e. fetch from
a very current source) by weeks.

Consider using another cvsup server.