Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 10:58:25 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terry-bashing, by way of explanation...

[.....]
> or anyone else to judge our methods, despite whatever they may think
> to the contrary, and anyone who's deeply dissatisfied with our
> operating model is certainly encouraged to go find an operating system
> which more closely conforms to their ideals.  The same is no more or
> less true for any other piece of software you might want to run.

I would think that's why most of us are here - we agree with most
of the philosophies of the core team.  I think that some people
end up in an environment where they are the technical "guru", and
are subsequently more correct than their colleagues almost 100% of
the time.  Sometimes it takes a *lot* of persuading to get your
colleagues to understand the correct approach and "see the light".
Coming from that sort of situation to somewhere like this, it's
sometimes difficult to realize when to bite your tongue and agree
to disagree, or even when to believe that "the oppo may be right".

> This is not to say that we're immune to all criticism or do not
> welcome constructive comments about how we might do things more
> efficiently/better/faster/whatever, simply that there may come a point
[.....]

Exactly !

--
Brian <brian@awfulhak.org>, <brian@freebsd.org>