Date:      25 Apr 2002 01:10:27 +0200
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bktr0 / xawtv / kxtv (tv tuner)

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_dolphin.lewiz.org-19690-1019689811-0001-2

Hey,=20

  I just got a hold of a tv tuner card.  It's a BrookTree 878 and I'm
running -STABLE (built today).  I can fire up kxtv and view a channel
just fine.  However, I can't change channels (I've got all the options
right for the config file).=20
  I've also tried using xawtv and scantv.  scantv does not work and
simply returns that there are no channels.  xawtv has the sound just
fine (for the one channel) but no video.  I have got PAL selected, which
is what I'm supposed to be using.  This all works fine under Win2k so
there is something odd going on.=20
  Only other thing I can think of is that when I added some channels in
the xawtv channel editor it showed a mini picture with a screen-grab but
if I select it it simply does not display in the main window.  I'm
confuzed as to what's=20

--=20
`Linux is for people who hate Microsoft.  FreeBSD is for people who love
UNIX.`

Website accessible from http://www.lewiz.info/
GPG public keyring: http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pubring.gpg