Date:      Sun, 10 Aug 1997 02:10:10 -0400
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        pechter@lakewood.com
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uunet vs. internet

>> Hang on a second, UUNet is the Internet 8)
>> At least thats what their actions are implying --- "to hell with
>> netiguettes we are Uunet" !!
> They really have forgotten their roots and humble start.
> Boy have they become a real Pain In The Ass since they dropped the UUCP
> business to small sites and started hanging out with the likes of
> Microsoft 8-)

Well, the Internet has changed from its humble beginnings as the
old UUCP net, and ARPANET.  Used to it was ham radio, then BBS's, then
the net.  What bastions for hobbyists are there now, something where
the popularity doesn't make me sick after fifteen minutes of use?

--
Second law of programming:
Anything that can go wrong wi