Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:19:06 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail and Postfix

A little digging around has revealed that there are two 'mailq'
executables on my system: /usr/local/bin/mailq and /usr/bin/mailq.

The first is part of the mail/postfix-current port which I have installed
and use, and the second is presumably part of Sendmail, which I have not
installed and do not use.

It seems that Sendmail is embedded somehow in the base system. What is
the 'approved' way to get rid of /usr/bin/mailq? Or better, remove
Sendmail?

Sorry if this is a newbie question; I am as yet relatively unfamiliar
with FreeBSD, being a refugee from GNU/Linux.

This is FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE, by the way.