Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 02:40:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rohit Panda <prohit99@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   what to configure freebsd as :- gateway/router ???

--0-1322232390-1003311644=:16330

hi,

we are having a server(which is presently running Windows 2000 with microsoft proxy Winproxy) which is connected to the internet via a DSL modem connected to the USB port.Now the server has only a single NIC which is our local ethernet network and contains around 10 computers.The Server is used only to connect to the internet and nothing else.Now i have gone through some material ,but now iam confused whether to configure as a gateway/router??? i think gateway should do,but i just wanted to take u all's advice before jumping :).But another problem is that it says that the connection between our server and the ISP(of DSL) should be over pppoe.But ours is a USB modem.How is it possibel???can anybody throw some light on this?.

any help will be highly appreciated

rohit

--0-1322232390-1003311644=:16330

<P>hi,</P>
<P>we are having a server(which is presently running Windows 2000 with microsoft proxy Winproxy) which is connected to the internet via a DSL modem connected to the USB port.Now the server has only a single NIC which is our local ethernet network and contains around 10 computers.The Server is used only to connect to the internet and nothing else.Now i have gone through some material ,but now iam confused whether to configure as a gateway/router??? i think gateway should do,but i just wanted to take u all's advice before jumping :).But another problem is that it says that the connection between our server and the ISP(of DSL) should be over pppoe.But ours is a USB modem.How is it possibel???can anybody throw some light on this?.</P>
<P>any help will be highly appreciated</P>
Make a great connection at <a
href="http://rd.yahoo.com/mktg/mail/txt/tagline/?http://personals.yahoo.com" target="_blank">Yahoo! Personals</a>.
--0-1322232390-1003311644=:16330--