Date:      Sat, 17 May 2008 19:22:36 +0100
From:      Vince Hoffman <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   rndis on freebsd?

Hi all,
	I've been looking at using my htc hermes (orange spv3100) as a 3g
modem. To do this it looks like I need to attach it as an rndis device
and set the phone as my router. Is this supported at all in freebsd?
	I tried hacking if_cdce (added device ID) and when i enable connection
sharing on the phone it attaches, but I cant get it to talk to my laptop
over the cdce interface (either trying dhcp on the cdce interface,
manually giving it the IP it gets given on windows or manually setting
both ends) so i'm guessing it needs something more.

Any clues welcome.

regards,
Vince