Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:06:49 -0900
From:      "Peter A. Giessel" <peter_giessel@dot.state.ak.us>
To:        Danny <nocmonkey@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD server(s) to backup multi-platform systems remotely

On 12/29/2004 10:15, Danny wrote:

 > On a nightly and automated basis - to take a snapshot of all new and
 > modified data from a FreeBSD server and Windows server.

I've been using rdiff-backup to mirror two arrays (locally), but
its actually more designed for what you want to do.  It works well
for incremental backups and it does run on Microsoft if you check the
FAQ (although I can't say that I've tried it on anything other than
FreeBSD).  You might want to take a look at it, it may be just what you
are looking for:

/usr/ports/sysutils/rdiff-backup/

http://www.nongnu.org/rdiff-backup/