Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:11:46 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PPTP and DES Question

Hello List-

I have the PPTP port installed and pointed correctly to where it is supposed
to go, a Watchguard Firebox II. In the ppp logs I get a MS-CHAP is not
supported message. Reading the MAN page for ppp it tells me that if ppp was
compiled in with DES support that it will acknowledge an MS-CHAP request. I
have the libdescrypt libraries in /usr/lib (from the crypto group install
during system setup), so I am assuming that ppp was not compiled with DES
support by default?

Steps to take:  Recompile the ppp daemon from src? If yes, I get the src
from a CVSUP? or authenticate with the Firebox in another way? I used to use
a VPN Dial-up with Win2K, but that box pissed me off one to many times so I
killed it and it's nice to be able to read office email from home :)

This whole setup is tunneling over a 512K DSL line.

As usual, thanks in advance!

Henrik
---
Henrik Hudson

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey,when are you guys going to catch up"