Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 01:46:18 +0200
From:      Uldis Mikelsons <ulmik@bkc.lv>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing fresh system onto IDE RAID Sil 0680

Hi *,

	I am trying to install 4.7/5.0 to system with IDE RAID. Both IDE disks are
on IDE "Raid" controller using Silicon 0680 chip, in controller bios I
created setup so that both disks shall be in one mirror set. Starting
install, sysinstall see only two different IDE devices (ad4/ad5), so far
that is bit suspicious, but anyway fine with me, installation goes on to
ad4. After fine installation I am trying to set up raid:

	 atacotnrol create RAID ad4 ad5

	after that , booting .. and kernel doesn't see where from to boot .. ar0
seems to be inaccessable or doesn't contain anything bootabl'e .. eg
previoously boot device were ad4s1e (or soemthing like that .. ) assumably
ar0s1e should be what must be used .. using it crashes system.

	What is right procedure to install to such IDE RADI controller FreeBSD
system ?

wbr
Uldsi