Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 19:07:58 +0200
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Bart Silverstrim <bsilverstrim@tsd.k12.pa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named core dump

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:57:50AM -0500, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Has anyone had a problem with named crashing sporadically?  I have a
> coredump file of it, if someone thinks that they could analyze it to find
> what is happening. it's not a heavily loaded system, nor is it getting a lot
> of requests...
>
> it's a 3.4-RELEASE, generic i386 kernel system
> named is 8.2.2-p5-noesw

Somebody is trying to get into your machine, upgrade to 8.2.3. See also
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/CERT/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-01:18.bind.asc

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: