Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:23:52 -0500
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        "Boris Spirialitious" <hardcodeharry@yahoo.com>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Supermicro Hardware and FreeBSD

Someone broke the silence:=20

> One system cost me 3 months salary in Russia. Is this how you
> treat your users? Why can't your developer use the machine they used
> to make 5.3 work?=20
>=20

Yes, I know things are expensive.  So are the rewards.  Would it be =
worth it?

The reason that Ted asked for a donation of the server is because =
apparently none of them have access to one to make FreeBSD work properly =
on this particular system architecture.  Ted's request is not the only =
thing that can be done.  You can even loan for a certain period of time =
if you wish.  The time period would have to be sufficent enough for the =
developers.

The developers can reward you (support for FreeBSD) if you give them =
something (donation money, parts, gimmericks).  That is why you got a =
free OS.

> Everyone tell me to use LINUX. Now I know why. You support
> bad slow version and not good one. Very stupid people.
>=20

FreeBSD is more organized and managed more professionally compared to =
many of the Linux distrubtion organizations.  That is why anyone will =
tell you to use anything except $THAT.

The FreeBSD development seems slow compared to Linux development for =
numberous of reasons.  I cannot and will not name them except for one.  =
We go for quality...not bleeding edge (I did that first!..but it's =
broken after few days).

Everyone in the world is stupid...no perfect smart human exists. :)

Chris