Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2007 19:37:51 +0100
From:      Milan Knizek <knizek@volny.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Backup using dump and restore from dvd - restore cd loaded to ram ?drive?

On Monday 19 February 2007 16:29, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> knizek@volny.cz wrote:

> A simpler solution for your restore problem would be
> to simply use a standard FreeBSD installation CD,
> then make a minimal installation on your hard disk
> so you have all the tools that you need, then restore
> your actual backups.

How does restore behave when restoring to a live root file system (despite =
the=20
recommended split of /, swap, /usr, ... I am using a single partition of=20
freebsd slice for the complete system + swap + encrypted partition for some=
=20
data + different hdd for photos)?

I want to be sure that the restored system is exactly the same as on backup=
,=20
that is to preferrably use -r option.

Best regards,
=2D-=20