Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 2010 20:49:16 +0100
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: VirtualBox coredump on FreeBSD 8 during build

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:20:53 -0500, Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
wrote:
> I sent the information to the maintainer but haven't heard back yet.
> Don't know how busy they are, or if they're on holiday or whatever.

beat is at the AsiaBSDCon and i am very busy at the company so i had no
time to look at it yet.

> In any event, I'm reposting this here, in the hopes that someone else
> has seen this problem and can make a recommendation.
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> [snip]
>
> Checking for Xcursor: found, OK.
> Checking for Xmu: found, OK.
> Checking for Mesa / GLU: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to vbox@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
the

"/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.1.2_OSE/config.log"
> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
be
> a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system
> (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose.
> *** Error code 1

I think we had a similar report a long time ago. There should be a
configure.log or a similar logfile that got created and logs all configure
tests. Please send the last 50 lines of it so that i can have a look what
actually fails. For the record it would be interesting what graphic driver
you use.

Is it possible that you use X11 Forwarding so your DISPLAY variable is
set? That is a known problem and there also exists a Gentoo Bugreport about
it (http://bugs.gentoo.org/268227) that recommends to unset the DISPLAY
variable first before compiling virtualbox.

Could you please also check first if all your ports (especially mesa and
xorg) are up to date? Just to be sure that it's not a known mesa/x11 bug
that was already fixed.

Thanks!

--
Bernhard Fröhlich