Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:46:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Spengler <mks@networkcs.com>
To:        bxgu@seu.edu.cn (bxgu)
Cc:        harp-bugs@magic.net, atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: today's trace

bxgu claims:

> today,I do some trace about my atm adapter,my adapter is FORE RUNNERLE
> 155.MY switch is ASX200BX.my atm adapter is attached to 1A4 port.the status
> of 1a4 is the following:
>  Port  VPI Interface      SigVersion State        ILMI             Side
> RemoteAddress
> 1A4     0 privateUNI     uni31            down        down         network
> conf vcc show
> Input              Output
>  Port   VPI    VCI  Port   VPI    VCI  UPC  Protocol  Name
>  1A4      0      5  1CTL     0     49    0               fsig          N/A
>  1A4      0     14  1CTL     0     48    0               spans      N/A
>  1A4      0     15  1CTL     0     47    0               spans        N/A
>
>   in my freebsd 3.0, enter "atm set prefix",then the system appear:
>   sscop bad pdu received vcc(0,5)
>  sscop_maa_error intf=idt0 vpi=0 vci=5.

It indeed appears, as Mark earlier said, that the SSCOP PDUs aren't being
delivered end-to-end.  In FreeBSD, they may be getting dropped due to the
"bad pdu received" errors you have reported.  And it seems that the switch's
SSCOP processing is also not seeing the FreeBSD-generated SSCOP PDUs.

So, a couple more debugging steps:

1. Reboot FreeBSD;

2. Patch kernel (this will print out the full "bad pdu" PDU:

# gdb -k -wcore /kernel /dev/mem
(kgdb) set atm_print_data=1
(kgdb) exit

3. On your switch, enter:
stat vcc 1a4

4. Start the FreeBSD ATM software:
atm attach ...
atm set prefix ...

5. wait a minute or so...

6. On your switch, enter:
stat vcc 1a4

7. On your FreeBSD system, enter:
atm sh int
atm sh stats vcc
atm sh stats int idt0 aal5

8. Send all of the command outputs from above and all of the /var/log/messages
file from when the system was rebooted until now.

Hopefully this will help us narrow down where the problem seems to lie.

Thanks.
--
Mike Spengler				Network Computing Services, Inc.
Email: mks@networkcs.com		1200 Washington Ave. So.