Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:36:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
Cc:        Anthony Chavez <magus@magus.users.xmission.com>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RWS

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Bill Fumerola wrote:

> > Anyone got any good ~serious~ questions that I could ask him, or ways to
> > advocate BSD in a ~positive~light~ in such a situation?  I don't want to
> > piss on his presentation, but I would like to at least get people
> > interested in BSD as an alternative.
>
> I'd ask him what he thinks of the BSD license now that the advertising clause
> has been removed.

Hmm.  The www.gnu.org page still has an essay on why the advertising
clause is bad, and how until it is removed, the BSD license is not
recommended.  Given that the advertising clause was removed several months
ago by UC Berkeley, they really need to update their page, be it to put it
more in line with the current situation, or even declare victory.  In any
case, much of the criticism doesn't apply to the existing code base due to
the licensing change, nor new code submitted under our normal two-clause
license.

  Robert N M Watson