Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 2020 09:51:58 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        Lev A Serebryakov <lev@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: devel/py-subversion - Python 3 flavor?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:43 AM Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> wrote:

> Hello Lev,
>
> Do you know of anything preventing devel/py-subversion from working with Python 3?
>
> I ask because devel/py-subversion at present requires Python 2.7 which is past EOL.
>
> While I was typing this, I thought: I should just try it first.
>
> I failed:
>
> https://services.unixathome.org/poudriere/data/121amd64-dvl/2020-04-23_14h34m22s/logs/errors/py37-subversion-1.13.0.log
>
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'libsvn._core'
>
> Ideas?

Hi,

The last time I asked/checked, it was decided that upstream doesn't
yet support Python 3 completely but some parts did. FWIW, this should
be of general interest to the FreeBSD community since this one's used
in our repo commit hooks. I think, ideally, clusteradm wouldn't need
to retain the python2 version of this after python2 gets kicked out of
the ports tree.

Thanks,

Kyle Evans