Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:09:53 +0800
From:      Ihsan Junaidi Ibrahim <ihsan_junaidi@yahoo.com.sg>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Postfix configuration (MX and whatnot)

Hello all,

I've installed Postfix MTA on my machine and I'm have a few questions=20
pertinent to it.

I've setup named on this machine which I configure in 10 subdomains under=
 a=20
domain, trigger.lan which is the hostname of my machine. I've put MX=20
configuration to point to a CNAME under mail.trigger.lan which in return,=
=20
points to an A NAME of raya.trigger.lan. I've read from the documentation=
=20
that Postfix does work through CNAME declaration.

1) However under the Postfix main.cf, do I assign the "myhostname" with=20
mail.trigger.lan or do I just let it be configured through gethostbyname =
()=20
which will return trigger.lan? I'm quite behind the curve in regards to t=
his.

2) I've also been accumulating root's dead mails (through periodic cron)=20
although I did a newaliases on /etc/aliases. The root account was diverte=
d to=20
a real user account in this file. Has this something to do with the MTA o=
r=20
was it something else?

The sendmail's rc.conf lines are as follows
sendmail_enable=3D"YES"
sendmail_flags=3D"-bd"
sendmail_outbound_enable=3D"NO"
sendmail_submit_enable=3D"NO"