Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:00:45 -0500
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: bsdcertification.org vs bsdcertification.com (which is which??)

"Langille", actually --- and you forgot "BSDCan".  http://www.langille.org/

http://people.freebsd.org/~scottl/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dru_Lavigne

>    Wes Peters    (Another leading FreeBSD committer)

I couldn't find a good home page for Wes, but agree
with Matt's evaluation.  Wes is a member of FreeBSD
core team, last I recall, as well.  Perhaps someone knows
his URI.

http://pilchuck.reedmedia.net/jeremy/

>    Greg Lehey    (Author of 'The Complete BSD'. Former member of core@,
>                   well known on this list)

http://www.lemis.com/~grog/
    (from memory, heh.  Seriously, fascinating collection of material ---
        the web would be a much worse place if disaster struck and
        Greg had no backups).

>    Marshall Kirk McKusick  (co-author of 'The Design and Implementation
>                  of the FreeBSD Operating System')

http://www.mckusick.com/

The other site you mention, "bsdcertification.com" is run by
Jared Barneck, according to whois.  His home page is
at http://www.rhyous.com/.  In 4+ years in FreeBSD, I've
not heard of Jared; that is not to say he should be disqualified
from consideration---it's possible that he runs a fine program.

However, I *have* had dealings with all of the others
above except Mr. Peters, and have found them knowledgeable,
friendly, and deeply concerned about the quality and growth
of FreeBSD.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey

--