Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 01:50:51 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        elias@cnetworks.net, seggers@semyam.dinoco.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, green@unixhelp.org, phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern_clock.c (was: video mode switching has gone south)

>> I'm another one who can report somewhat new behaviour :
>>
>> 1. X now starts up more slowly, with flicker.
>
>I think for me that's the case, too but is hard to judge.
>
>> 2. usleep(s), where s=1, 10, 100, 10000 sleeps for about 1 second,
>> regardless of argument.

It actually sleeps for an average of about half a second.

Everything that uses get{micro,nano}{,up}time (mainly timeouts) is broken
because the time reported by these functions now lags the actual time
by up to about 1 second.

Ignore the `force' flag to go back to the previous brokenness which
affects relatively few systems.

Bruce