Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:29:54 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Norbert Koch <NKoch@demig.de>
Subject:   Re: uplcom a callin only device?

--nextPart27405529.fGopTgQNGE

Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2005 10:55 schrieb Norbert Koch:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to get a sub-to-rs232 adaptor running with FreeBSD-5.
> The vendor of this adaptor is some chinese company named
> High-Edge Tech, but as usbdevs shows, it identifies as
>   USB_VENDOR_PROLIFIC(0x067b) and USB_PRODUCT_PROLIFIC_PL2303(0x2303).
>
> For testing, I connect the adaptor with the same computer's cuaa0 and
> do an 'stty speed 9600 clocal' on /dev/ucom0 and /dev/cuaia0.
>
> Now, if I do 'cat < /dev/ucom0' and 'cat > /dev/cuaa0', I see typed
> characters coming in. If I try the opposite direction, nothing happens.
> Is that something, I should've expected, and if so, why?

There are different versions of the prolific chipset and unfortunately they=
=20
changed the init sequence of version 3.00 and up without changing the=20
device ID (If you're interested for more check the archives (current)=20
arround January 21st).

5.4 has the new uplcom driver which checks the revision maybe you can apply=
=20
the cvs version to your 5.3 (guess).

=2DHarry