Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:54:17 -0800
From:      Maryjane Murrell <mmurrell@CalAcademy.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   what ldap do you recommend?

Hi all,

I am currently upgrading an email server running freebsd 3.3. The new
email server is rel. 4.4 The question is what ldap do you all recommend?
I have noticed pam ldap and sendmail ldap and others in the ports
collection. So, I would like to find the easiest to maintain and put
together. I use ldap for internal purpose's only.

The other ldap I have tried is open ldap. So far it seems very
complicated with certain schema's and no where to add an email address.
Which is the whole point for what I use it for.

The version I am running on my old server is ldap 3.3 It is great I wish
I could get it on my new server. I am pretty new to freebsd and unix in
general.

Thank you ahead of time for your time and help.

Maryjane : )
Postmaster@calacademy.org