Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:58:48 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem stoping jails with jail(8), jail.conf and mount.fstab

--------------enigDBA6D07CE516CA02A636B3B1

 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer am 12.02.2013 15:47 (localtime):
>  Hello,
>
> on 9.1-R, I highly appreciate the new jail(8) and jail.conf
> capabilities. Thanks for that extension!
>
> But I have one problem: If I want to stop a jail with 'jaill -r
> jailname', I get "umount: unmount of /.jail.jailname failed: Device bus=
y"

> It seems to me that the order of fstab.jailname entries are not reverte=
> by jail(8) when shutting down/umounting.
> My C skills don't allow me to verify/fix that in usr.sbin/jail/command.=

Btw, experimental falsifying isn't the problem:
fstab.jail1:
/dev/gpt/jail1ROOT    /.jail.jail1    ufs    ro    0 0
/dev/gpt/jail1VAR    /.jail.jail1/var    ufs    rw,noatime 0 0

Starting jail with 'jail -c jail1': everything fine.

Stoping jail with 'jail -r jail1': error when fstab.jail1 is like above,
but error vanishes if I revert the two lines above before stoping!
So the root cause seems to be obvious.
But like mentioned, I can't fix that myself :-(

Thanks,

-Harry