Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 13:27:38 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange SCSI logs

Andrea Venturoli writes:

> Hello.
> On a 5.3 machine I'm getting the following log messages. It appears they
> started when I activated smartd from smartmontools. Now I disabled it,
> but I'd like to have some more insight.
> Any info?

I've been getting strange messages of similar character on my system,
too.  I'm running FreeBSD 5.3 on a dual-processor PPro with an Adaptec
AIC7880 controller and two 4.5 GB SCSI drives.  There doesn't seem to be
any data corruption occurring, but the process doing the I/O is stalled
by the errors or messages, whatever they are.

What type of controller and disks do you have?

--
Anthony