Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:22:17 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding a User and Checking their Passwords, etc...

Hello List-

Is there a modification that can be made to adduser.conf , a plug-in to the
actual adduser perl script that will do some password checking or something?
ie: a new password is created and the password happens to be password or
some 3 character string.

How about when users change a password?

I "think" Linux does this via it's PAM modules, but reading over some lists
are the password modules that do this supported on BSD yet?

Feel free to point to some docs if you'd like, I did a quick search through
some man pages and the mailing lists (both questions and security), but
didn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the help. Please email me directly, I am not on the questions
list.

---
Henrik Hudson