Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 1996 14:05:07 -0700
From:      hmmm <hmmm@alaska.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ppp

equipment: all works fine under dos
problem: two situations follow ...

manually dialing works.
dialup PPP doesn't.

both cases result in the same "ifconfig -a" output; however ...

"netstat -r" output is as follows:

Internet:
Destination     Gateway         Flags   Refs    Use     Netif   Expire
MANUAL DIAL USING PPP's TERM COMMAND    (WORKS!!!)
default         anc-p23         UGc     12      0       tun0
localhost       localhost       UH      0       0       lo0
hmmm            localhost       UH      0       0       lo0
DIALUP      USING PPP's DIAL COMMAND    (FAILS!!!)
default         206.149.120.3   UGc     3       1       tun0
localhost       localhost       UH      0       0       lo0
hmmm            localhost       UH      0       0       lo0
206.149.120.3   hmmm            UH      4       0       tun0

can anyone tell me what's going on?
in the DIALUP case, slynx just hangs looking for my startup www page.
i do SEEM to have a valid ppp connection - it bounces back in all caps.
206.149.120.3 IS my ISPs address ... my machine is "hmmm"

(even though i'm probably just plain ignorant!!!)

ps.  is it normal to have 2 "lo" routes?