Date:      Wed, 02 Jul 1997 08:54:48 GMT
From:      dburr@POBoxes.com (Donald Burr)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.2 and Sony CDU-531/535 (proprietary) CD-ROM - possible?

I'd like to use my Sony CDU-531 (basically the same as the CDU-535,
but an internal drive instead of an extenral) with FreeBSD.  This
drive uses a proprietary interface, which is *NOT* the same as the
Sony CDU-31a (scd) driver.

Is there a driver specific t the Sony CDU-53x for FreeBSD?

There is a rather nice driver for it for Linux, has anyone managed to
port this driver over to FreeBSD?

If anyone is in the process of doing this, I would be happy to serve
as an alpha or beta test site.  Please contact me in e-mail.

Please repsond using email if possible.  Thanks in advance for your
assistance!
--
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to