Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 1998 03:50:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/5743: kdelib port not building

The following reply was made to PR ports/5743; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To: Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, asami@freebsd.org,
        Stefan Esser <se@freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:16:49 +1030 (CST)

 And not one minute after replying to that mail, I find this in
 freebsd-current:

 -----

  * I'm trying to buid the port for kde but
  * the configuration script allways dies trying to find libgif.

 You have egcs installed.  Delete it (or at least move libstdc++.a out
 of /usr/local/lib) and everything will be fine.

 Satoshi (who is learning way too much about these stuff for his own good..)

 -----

 [morden|root] 22:06 /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs pkg_delete egcs-980205
 [morden|root] 22:06 /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs make clean all

 Bitchin' :-)

 Thanks, Satoshi!

 PR Closed.

 Kris

  WOWBO     /\  .      Through the darkness of future past,     /\  .     BWOWB
  OBWOW    /##\/#\          The Magician longs to see.         /##\/#\    BOBWO
  WBOBW   /       \     One chance out between two worlds,    /       \   OWBOB
  WOWBO  /         \           Fire, Walk with me!           /         \  BWOWB