Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 01:16:56 -0700
From:      Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Intel's GX managment port client, or any hints on the specs?

Hi,

We host a whole bunch of servers, all FreeBSD, and many of them run on
intel GX motherboards, which have a feature called EMP. Basically, I didn't
go to much detail into this, I got that it is a way to monitor/control the
server through modem/null-modem client. But they provide their own
client-NT/95 only of course, and it didn't look like the communication is
clear text. Does anyone know if anyone was planning to write something for
this, or if there are specs available. I probably don't need the know
monitoring thing, just a way to do a remote reset.

In general, are there any good remote reset solutions, one that would
invoke a hard reset, but not one of those that will completely cut the
power to the server, and then turn it back on, I found that it's pretty
likely to get problems if you use that enough.

Thanks,
Anthony

Ps. if you respond to the mailing list, could you also CC the responses to
my email address as I barely have time to catch up with all my email, and
probably not the mailing list.