Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:19:49 -0600
From:      "Wosek, Aaron" <aaron.wosek@anchorgaming.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.4 boot problem

I'm installing 3.4 and I'm encountering boot disk problems. The error I'm
getting says:

>>FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
Default: 0:fd(O,a)/kernel
boot:
disk error 0x2 (lba=0x10)
No /kernel

I'm attempting to install 3.4 onto an empty hard disk, that has had no other
operating system installed.

Can someone tell me if they have seen this before and how to remedy it.

A couple things to note: The PC will boot with the 2.2.8 boot disk, and
previous to a hardware change the 3.4 boot disks worked. I have tried 2
different sets of 3.4 boot disks that both worked before the hardware
change. The hardware change was the swapping of an industrial PC backplane
---something I would not think could effect or be limited by FBSD. Also I am
not using the corrupt 3.4 CD boot files, but boot disks from the website.

Thanks

Aaron Wosek
QA/PS Systems Support
Anchor Gaming