Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 1999 14:03:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      "David L. Hays, Jr." <elfkinz@elfland.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gtk-1.2.1 install problem

It's always thoes little things that I forget to mention that are the most
important ... Oops.

FreeBSD 2.2.8-Stable (CVSup'd about a week ago)

The config.log file is rather long, and there are a log of lines that say
error.  The first mention of GLIB is about 90% into it.

---cut---
configure:4670: checking for glib-config
configure:4705: checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.1
configure:4804: cc -o conftest -O -Wall -I/usr/local/include/glib12
-D_THREAD_SA
FE -pthread -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,-E
-lgmodule12
 -lgthread12 -lglib12 -lc_r -lintl -L/usr/local/lib 1>&5
ld: invalid command option `-E'
configure: failed program was:
#line 4728 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
---cut---
configure:4848: cc -o conftest -O -Wall -I/usr/local/include/glib12
-D_THREAD_SA
FE -pthread -I/usr/local/include  conftest.c -lintl -L/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/loca
l/lib -Wl,-E -lgmodule12 -lgthread12 -lglib12 -lc_r 1>&5
ld: invalid command option `-E'
configure: failed program was:
#line 4838 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
 return ((glib_major_version) || (glib_minor_version) ||
(glib_micro_version));
; return 0; }
---end---

I have no idea what most of this means.  I left out everything before the
first mention of glib and a whold bunch of printf lines.

I hope that this is enough info.  Any help is appreciated.

--
|   David L. Hays, Jr.   |   david@elfland.net   |   http://www.elfland.net   |
 I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up