Date:      Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:38:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Marco Nicosia <marco@server.escape.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel CC820 w/ Adaptec 2930U2 freezing up?

I could really use some suggestions here, I'm not wild about returning
this motherboard for another -- especially if I'm not sure that doing so
will fix my problem!

I have one of the new Intel CC820 motherboards, with a single PCI card
(right now) being a 2930U2. (I figured there was no reason for a 2940U2W?)
The card is plugged into a single IBM UltraStar 9GB drive, with a 68 pin
connector.

Using the floppies from the most recent 3.3-Stable, it can boot up and
probe the IBM drive, but hangs immediately after that. I cannot explain
why -- the system freezes up solid.

I've disabled the MB's internal Ultra/66 IDE controller. I've got PnP
support turned off.

I'm not sure what else I can try, and am feeling pretty desperate. Any
advice?