Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 17:59:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Daniel R.  Brownstone" <drbrowns@ls.wustl.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing samba

I'm trying to install samba.  already having my first difficulty.  When I
run make, I get the following message:

===>  Building for samba-1.9.18.3
You forgot to uncomment a host type and flags in the Makefile. If your
host type does not appear in the Makefile then choose one that you
think is similar and once you have it working then add a new host type
to the Makefile and includes.h. Please also send us the output of the
command "uname" on your system so this can be automated at some future
time.

samba-bugs@samba.anu.edu.au
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Anyway, I've looked at Makefile, and it doesn't seem to have anything
relating to host types in it.  Is there a different Makefile (buried
somewhere in the work directory?)  I did find a couple in the
./work/samba... directory, but didn't want to change anything unless I
knew what I was doing.... help please!!!

Thanks,

Danny