Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 2002 14:27:05 +0100
From:      stephan mantler <step@acm.org>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [-current]  Re: 5.0-20021027-CURRENT.iso cdrom will not mount

FWIW, I'm experiencing the same issues with the Oct 25 ISO.

The 5.0-DP1 CD installs fine but boot2 couldn't find
the loader; this seems to be a disk geometry problem
since I also can't list the contents of /boot or most
other subdirs. Although I didn't have much time to
investigate yet.

Hardware:
- Epox EP-8KTA3Pro mainboard (1200MHz CPU, 512M RAM)
- Seagate (60GB), primary master (which i was installing on)
- Plextor CDRW drive (5432? not sure), secondary master
- lots of PCI cards (8-port Rocketport, Matrox Meteor,
   Pinnacle PCTV, etc.etc.)

-stephan

--
stephan mantler                         reality is in fact virtual.
step@acm.org                            http://step.schmelzweb.at/