Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:23:49 +0100
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.Strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Ben Haysom <ben.haysom@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Hello List

--nextPart7858381.JuDJRdeR6P

Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2004 11:18 schrieb Ben Haysom:
> Thing is, it should be so straightforward, but I've stumped loads of
> people with it.
>
> I have a small home network, atm an XP PC, a XP laptop, and the
> FreeBSD 5.1 machine.
> I am connected to the internet with an unknown modem from my ISP.
>
> I've bought a D-Link 300 and attched it to the FreeBSD Box.

Do you have your A-DSL line up with that modem? Means, can you ping your=20
providers nameserver e. g. from the FreeBSD box?
Usually you have to set different ATM parameters in such modems (VCI VPI)=20
which aren't public in general, so you should stay with your provider's=20
modem. Is that a ethernet modem or USB?

=2DMano