Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2007 01:03:49 +0000
From:      Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 forwarding problems in FreeBSD 6.2

I am having some problems with X11 forwarding. I can do X11 forwarding via ssh
between two machines running Linux, but if I try to do this from FreeBSD
(KDE) to either of the Linux machines, it only works if I use startx to start
KDE on the fbsd machine (a laptop). If I start KDE from kdm, I get errors
that go like this when I start the KDE app on the remote host running Linux:
 pollywog@slider:~$ kate
 Xlib: connection to "localhost:11.0" refused by server
 Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
 kate: cannot connect to X server localhost:11.0

 My configurations for ssh are similar on all hosts:

 sshd_conf has
 AllowTcpForwarding yes
 X11DisplayOffset 10
 X11UseLocalHost yes