Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 13:10:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Mike <XMPACHECO@newbedford.k12.ma.us>
Cc:        desmo@bandwidth.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ircd-hybrid-5.3

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Mike wrote:

> I got ircd hybrid up and running, but the oper passwords only seem to work if they're
> encrypted, and right now the only way of encrypting them is to add a user
> and taking the password from the master.passwd file, and putting that as the password
> in the config...is there a program or another way to encrypt the passwords?

the crypt() function in a home brewed program could do this. Also, I
thought hybrid shipped with a program, I could be wrong.

The apache ports have a program called htpasswd that I've modified to use
in my proftpd configuration files, you might want to look at it as well.

- bill fumerola [root/billf]@chc-chimes.com - computer horizons corp -
-  ph:(800)252.2421 x128 / bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - BF1560  -

	"Logic, like whiskey, loses its beneficial effect
	when taken in too large quantities" -Lord Dunsany