Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 19:54:39 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Odeth Solano <osolano@diveo.net.mx>
Cc:        Omar Garcia Razo <omar.garcia@diveo.net.mx>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question urgent!!!

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:06:34PM -0600, Odeth Solano wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you suggest us, what kind of servers are supported to run if Free
> Free BSD 6.2?
> HP? Dell? ]IBM?
> Could you suggest a model of this servers and processors please?

This was just discussed a couple of days ago on the FreeBSD Questions
list.   Go and look at the archives.

FreeBSD has a website with vendors listed.

               http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/

Go there and click on the hardware link.

Besides saying that, I would add that we have had good luck with
Dell and HP servers running FreeBSD and a few others.  Almost any
normally configured machine should be good.

////jerry