Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 2009 04:10:05 +0000
From:      "b. f." <bf1783@googlemail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        bryant.eadon@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: Support of UDF ISO-13346 on 7.1-RELEASE-p2

#How can I mount this disc ?  Does udf.ko support this format ?

I don't often use memory disks, so I'm not quite sure what is going
wrong here.  You could try configuring it and mounting it as
read-only, to see if that helps.  But you should be aware that FreeBSD
does not support _all_ UDF filesystems, only some of them,  and there
were some shortcomings with the earlier implementation of udf.ko that
you are using.  For more information, see for example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Disk_Format

So your disk image, if it really has an intact and valid UDF
filesystem,  may still be unmountable even if you are doing everything
properly.  I would suggest that you install the sysutils/udfclient
port or package, and use it to try to read the disk image.  It
supports a slightly wider range of UDF filesystems than the kernel
module, and you don't have to go to the trouble of mounting the disk
image to read it.  Of course, if you need to mount it, you could try
dumping it to a different filesystem and then mounting it as a memory
disk or otherwise.  If that doesn't work, then it may be easiest to
use the native tools in some other OS (e.g., NetBSD, Vista ... )

b.