Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:24:09 -0600
From:      "Chris" <bsdnewbie@coolarrow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: cdrom mount problem

>> In summary: the only way to mount my cdrom after burning an ISO
>> is to reboot first.

>Try ejecting and re-loading the disk.
>I've seen some firmware that gets confused easily in these cases...

I use the CDRW to burn backup files every night via cron, so driving to the=
 machine (45 min away) and cycling the drive is not feasible. Further, this=
 was never an issue with 4.x releases, and if I'm not mistaken, 5.1 either.=
 I think this started somewhere with 5.2 and beyond.

>You first have to unmount the cdrom before you can mount
>a new cd, you can do that by typing:
>umount /cdrom

Normally it's not in a mounted state after burning, as best I recall. But=
 I've tried that several times anyway, to no avail. Thanks for the=
 suggestion.

>Looks like bug. Submit problem report on it, is only way it will be
>looked at and fixed by 5.x development team.

This is possible, I guess. Makes since, as this problem cropped up after=
 upgrading. I could be wrong, but it seems that since mount does not do=
 anything different from the point just before reboot and just after=
 reboot, perhaps it's more likely the burncd command not "releasing" the=
 cdrw drive properly, or something like that...

Thanks,
Chris

Email harvesters eat this: sendjunkmailhere@coolarrow.com