Date:      Mon, 11 Nov 1996 17:52:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Paul Traina <pst>
To:        hackers, committers
Subject:   need to test a security patch for 2.1.5/2.1.6

Folks, I need access to a machine running 2.1 -stable (pre-2.1.6) to apply
a security patch against for the kernel.

Basicly:
	1. apply patch to -stable source
	2. compile kernel
	3. reboot machine with new kernel
	4. run test program against machine

The patch I need to test is the final part of the TCP syn fix.  This has
been running on a few systems for quite some time and has been tested
previously, but I had to reconstruct it from memory due to the loss of
my previous code (Joe, do you have it?)

Either I need to do this, or someone with access to a -stable machine
needs to contact me and pick up the patch and try it out.  It's a
one file patch (tcp_input.c).

Thanks,

Paul