Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:37:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will FreeBSD run on a G4?

> if you read more closely, you will see that it's the FreeBSD userland it's
> based off of... not the FreeBSD kernel.. the kernel is a mach based
> kernel.

	From that link just sent to this list...

	"The systems kernel, which does the heavy lifting to support all
those rich applications, is based on Mach 3.0 from Carnegie-Mellon
University and FreeBSD 3.2 (derived from the University of California at
Berkeleys BSD 4.4-Lite), the most highly regarded core technologies from
two of the most widely acclaimed OS projects of the modern era."

	I read that as saying the kernal is based off of Mach AND
FreeBSD...

					Rick