Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:57:02 -0700
From:      "'Luigi Rizzo'" <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   third ipfw snapshot available

[Bcc to -net]

A third snapshot of my rewrite of the ipfw code is available at

	http://info.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/ipfw5.20020617.tgz

This code is for -current, and it implements all the existing
ipfw features with the exception of ipprecedence, iptos and icmptypes
(these will be added in the next snapshot).

It also lets you put "not" and "or" connectives in front of almost any
field of an ipfw rule, so you can likely write more compact and
efficient rulesets.

Being the work almost complete, I should be able to run performance
tests and produce a -stable version of this code shortly.

I would be grateful if you could give this code a try and tell me
how it works for you on the rulesets you use (it is supposed to
be 100% compatible with the existing ipfw). You need to have
a version of -current after May 15th, replace

         sys/netinet/ip_fw.c
         sys/netinet/ip_fw.h
         sys/netinet/ip_dummynet.c
         sbin/ipfw/ipfw.c

with the files in the archive, rebuild a kernel and /sbin/ipfw.

Both success and failure reports are welcome.

	cheers
	luigi